Monday 15 December 2008

Faking F*%$ers

Grrrr!! I can't stand fake people. There's only one thing worse than someone who's read somewhere that it's good to look someone in the eye and use their name repeatedly. (Makes you seem more genuine don't you know?) And that is someone who looks you in the eye and uses someone else's name repeatedly. A business contact, trying to keep on my good side, telling herself if she does the "eye contact, first name, touch your arm" thing, I'll suddenly forget all those little incompetencies. "Yes Linda, that's great Linda, oh I understand Linda, I hope you are happy with that Linda" she said over and over. "No problem DONALD" I felt like saying. Instead I smiled sweetly and resolved not to let them off with a penny of the money I'm claiming back from them! Linda indeed!

No comments: