Sunday 14 September 2008

Tavish - what a Tumshy!


It's a blogging frenzy this weekend. Well, I decided to take a day off today and do things like wash some clothes, do some shopping, phone family members, empty the rubbish, watch the repeat of the X Factor (!) etc etc and because I was at home doing all these things I've been able to update the blog. I've devoted a fair bit of it to the new Leader of Scottish Labour (MSPs only) but I can't end the weekend without saying what I think of the new Leader of the Lib Dems in Scotland.

Step forward Mr Tavish Scott or as my dad would have called him after his ridiculous tax calls this weekend, Mr Tumshy Scott. What an eejit. He wants the Scottish Government to cut income tax by 2% as a matter of urgency! That'll be tomorrow then. Oh what a great idea. I mean it was such a generous "settlement" Westminster "gave" us this year and our public services are just awash with cash - in danger of drowning in it all I'd say.

So really, I can't think of any reason for Alex Salmond to get to work on Monday morning and do as Tavish suggests. Can you?

3 comments:

Esther said...

yay, glad you are updating again!

Anonymous said...

I don't accept your claim about the CSR settlement.

The SNP said in their manifesto that they were expecting £1,835m (in real terms, over and above inflation). They then said that they actually received £1,984m (more than enough). But their 2007 election pledges had been costed at a staggering £2,538m.

The inescapable conclusion is that the SNP over-promised by at least £700m. Incidentally, the betrayals on student debt and the homebuyers’ grant probably account for around £500m of that.

Indygal said...

Hey Esther, I'll do my best to keep it up this time :-)

Scottish Unionist, I don't expect you to accept any of my claims seeing as we are diametrically opposed to one another.