Wednesday 23 July 2008

Elaine's a (Mary) doll!



Elaine C Smith was out on the campaign trail in Glasgow East yesterday - supporting the SNP obviously. We went to the same drama school, the Royal Scottish Academy of Music & Drama, a few years apart. It was funny to chat to Elaine and discover we had very similar experiences at the RSAMD - and we shared our likes and dislikes of lecturers :-) We compared notes and yes, the same one who was the king of conceit in Elaine's day had not improved any by the time I met him. And the one who peered down the top of the girls' leotards hadn't calmed down any, I was able to tell her. Anyway it was great to meet Elaine and more importantly, the voters loved her and listened when she told them she'd be voting SNP.

1 comment:

by_elections said...

Hi

I run the By-elections blog

http://by_elections.blogspot.com/

I have just found your blog with its great coverage of the Glasgow East by-election.

I also help run the By-election archive website at

http://www.geocities.com/by_elections/

Would it be possible for you to help us archive the leaflets from Glasgow East?

please contact me via the website or the blog if you can help with scans or by sending us the leaflets for us to scan.

I look forward to your coverage of the result.

Thanks