Saturday 28 June 2008

Glasgow East by-election shock!

And another scoop! I hear on the late night grapevine that David Marshall, the MP for Glasgow East is to stand down on Monday. First of all, if it's true that he is ill and particularly if stories that it's related to depression are true, then I'm sorry for him and his family and I hope he has a speedy recovery. And for that reason, I'll say no more (for the moment) except to say that, as you'd expect, the SNP will fight this by-election to win. As Convener of the Glasgow Regional Association, I can tell you our members are motivated, organised and judging by the number of emails and texts I've had in the last half hour asking me what's happening, they're ready to get out there and work.

On that note, I'm off to bed! Please, no more news ... !

No comments: